Onward To Moab

August 25, 2013

The next day started well enough. The weather was fine and I got out of the hotel at a reasonable hour. I took S-89 to S-6 to S-191 south all the way to Moab, Utah. The scenery was very diverse and the ride most enjoyable; it was a good day.




While passing through Provo, Utah, I noticed many young men in black pants and white shirts with ties. It took me a while to realize I was on the campus of Brigham Young University. In a moment or so, I was passing by Lavell Edwards stadium. I couldn't resist snapping a photo or two.


Upon arrival in Moab, I immediately started looking for a place to stay. Eventually, I found a room in a quaint little hotel run by a very eccentric looking woman. She appeared to be in her mid 40s and had a most radiant shade of synthetic red to her hair. From the tattoos and piercings, I could tell she was a bit of a moon beam -- not that there's anything wrong with that. Anyway, she was friendly enough and her place was clean, so my stay was most enjoyable.

Happy Happy Happy
After settling in, I went out and had a nice dinner to make up for the previous night of trail mix. I slept very well that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment