Indianapolis

August 15-18, 2013

My stay in Indianapolis started when I checked into my room that I had reserved through AirBnB. My host Jeanine is a lovely lady who has been widowed for several years. She has the most amazing home with a beautiful deck and yard. I've never felt more comfortable in a place other than my own home. Even her dog made me feel at home.

Slumming It
If you ever get the chance to see MotoGP in person, do it. It's mind blowing to watch those bikes fly around the track. The sound alone will shake your bones and give you a rush of adrenalin. It's difficult to follow the status of the race due to the size of the track, but there's no substitute for being close to the action.

After the time trials on Saturday, Jeanine invited me to dinner and I readily accepted. I thought she meant we were having dinner at her house but she had other plans. Having almost no experience at all on a motorcycle, she wanted to ride on the motorcycle to a restaurant. I was more than happy to oblige. After our meal, I upped the ante and invited her to ride to the circle in downtown Indianapolis to see the motorcycle circus. She accepted and we had a most enjoyable evening. She's one adventurous lady I must say.

Moto Circus
Nothing left to do after that but retire to the deck and enjoy the beautiful weather while imbibing a tasty beverage. It's a beautiful deck I must say.

Nice Deck!
Sunday was race day. I didn't care too much about the Moto3 bikes, but I did want to see the Moto2 (slightly less performance than MotoGP) and for sure the MotoGP races. I got to the track and sat in the stands with plenty of time to spare before the start. It was definitely a sight to see and I would love to go again some day. I also will carry sunscreen next time.

After the races, I stopped in for a bite to eat at Moe's and made a call home. I was happy to hear that everything was good. I did learn that my daughter Jill had hit a dear with my Infiniti G37. She was OK, but the car didn't do so well. It cost $4500 to repair. I was glad my deductible was only $500. Normally I carry a high deductible but changed insurance recently and didn't know it was lower. Happy surprise.

When I got to the Jeanine's house, she invited me to a musical performance in the square of her neighborhood. How could I say no? It turned out to be a most pleasant time and the musicians were really quite good. Good food, good drink and great company made for a nice day. I felt a little sad when I left Indianapolis.
Jeanine and Me






No comments:

Post a Comment