Gentlemen, Start Your Engines

This Blog is a little ditty to chronicle my upcoming cross-country motorcycle trip. It's one of my repressed adolescent ambitions that I must attend to while my body is still cooperative. While I'm reasonably comfortable riding long distances, I can foresee a day soon when the pain overwhelms the pleasures. Therefore, I'm taking my trusty steed on a journey across this great land to experience the geographical and cultural wonder that is America.

Touring on a high-performance motorcycle is an endeavor that is difficult for some folks to grasp. While it may appear more trouble than it's worth, I assure you the rewards more than make up for the "hassle". The experience covers the full emotional and sensory spectrum. There's so much one can derive from the venture: exhilaration, terror, serenity, misery, melancholy, pain, and on and on. The one thing it is not though is forgettable. You will remember your journeys taken on two wheels.

In addition to the motorcycle sensory overload, I intend to amplify the experience by camping whenever feasible. This of course is contingent upon my physical abilities to endure so much pleasure. Just a man, his motorcycle, tent and Advil. Hopefully I will be able to chronicle all the joys and sorrows of this trip such that it merits reading by persons other than myself. I can only hope.

Cheers

4 comments:

  1. Hope you post some awesome pictures so the rest of us stuck in Georgia can live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've added links to pictures for several posts.

      Delete
  2. Mike, I think your adventure is pretty cool! ... Just not sure about staying in that motel you posted :-)! Too bad Debbie couldn't tag along with you. Not sure if you've made it back yet but be careful out there and happy adventuring!

    Your neighbor & friend,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you might find my travels interesting ;-) Maybe Debbie can go next time.

      And yes, I'm home again and happy to be here.

      Delete